Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

And it's finally here . . . Ethiopia Round 3, Day 1



It’s been a long preparation for this time to come.  Honestly, I’m still a little in disbelief that it is here!  I wish I could say that we had everything ready to go.  All the ducks were in a row.  I’d be lying if I said that though.  As long as we’ve waited we didn’t have everything packed.  We didn’t have the house prepped.  So our first day began as a long one!

Ethiopia Round 3 . . . Day 1

The day began early and actually never really ended from the previous day.  Between anxiety, packing and preparing our house and girls I think I slept an hour.  This morning . . . our awesome friend drove us two hours to catch our first flight. 


We waited and to our disappointment or flight was late.  We did get on later, but it was going to be tight to our next connection.  By the time we landed we had 5 minutes to catch our next flight.  I can now say I’ve run through an airport to catch a plane. 


We finally made it to DC and surprisingly our luggage did too.  I wasn’t optimistic with the quick change!


 Kevin and I caught a shuttle to our hotel.  The hotel is cool.  There are 2 swans swimming in the atrium.  A nice dinner at the hotel and now it’s time to sleep . . . finally.  It will be an early morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment