Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

In a moment it becomes all too real

One moment I'm sitting in my office.  I've just returned from our staff meeting.  As I do each morning in my office I begin to check my email.  Nothing unusual.  Then it's there an email from our social worker with the simple subject line of "GO!"  I love how she chooses her words and phrases in email!  :)  My heart stops and I open the email up.  "Court date is July 3…  please arrive the 2nd!"  It seems so simple.  One moment I'm prepping for a somewhat normal day in the office.  The next moment I'm spun into a tizzy of . . .

Oh crap!  That's next week!

    Gotta call Kevin!

             Contact the travel agent!

                           Oh crap!  That's next week!

                                         Impromptu dance party in my office!

                                                        Oh crap!  I don't have time to dance!  That's NEXT WEEK!!!

So next week!  We'll be heading to Ethiopia for court, for embassy appointments, for medical appoints, but most importantly for are sweet daughter.  "M^"!!!  We're coming to get you!  Be prepared for some hugs because I may never let you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment