Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Where are the nine?" . . . A Lenten Devotion

"Where are the nine?" (Luke 17:17)

One day Jesus healed 10 lepers of their illness.  As they went away rejoicing to rejoin their community one of the ten turned around.  He came back to thank Jesus.  However, the other nine did not return.  They neglected to give thanks to Jesus for his graciousness. 

How often are we like the nine? 

While I would like to think that I do say thank you to God, I think there are many times where I more closely fall in line with the nine.   God has done so much for me in my life.  God has done so much for all of us through the life and death of Jesus.  However, do I thank God on a daily basis?  I try.  Do I let every breath exhale with gratitude?  At times.  Do I live my life as a response to the abundance of grace I've received?  I may only know in hindsight. 

I pray that I may be granted a thankful heart.  I pray that we may all live as the one who returned to thank his savior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment