Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Recovery - Wheels, Walkers, Canes, and Shoes

 It has been a while since I've written.  

At least since I've written with the intention for others to read.

My recover from that car wreck all the way back in 2019 has been mostly one of silence.  With the legal matters still not resolved I have had to stay mute.  The lawyer advised no posting, writing, or sharing pictures of the recovery process.  

That has been so very hard.  Over the past several years when big events are happening, writing, blogging, and sharing my experience has been a way to process.  In addition, there is a sense of community surrounding it as well.  Others in similar situations can find hope.  I find solidarity in the support of community.  

The legal pieces should come to an end soon.  Soon I will be able to share and write and post and all the things!  

For now...

Today was a milestone day at physical therapy.  I jogged.  I jogged with my own two legs in tennis shoes outside on AstroTurf.  I could feel the muscles of my legs moving one foot in front of the other.  The impact of my shoes on the ground.  The momentum of forward motion as each leg moved in turn.  The push of my toes before each leg came forward for another step.  And another step.  And another step.    

While it wasn't pretty or graceful, it was movement that I have not had for 607 days.  I find myself swimming in gratitude.

My prayer for you today is that you, too, can find something that you are beyond grateful for.  I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment