Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

First Day Jitters

Feeling a little anxious.  Jittery.  Nervous.  Not sure if I'm nauseous or going to wet my pants.  Yeah, pretty much like the night before my first day of junior high school.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new adventure with the amazing people of Pilgrim Lutheran Church.  I feel blessed beyond measure for this opportunity.  It is a new call in a new direction.  I'm excited to live into what it means to be a minister of community life formation.  It's time to live a life of discipleship up, in and out!  (More on all that awesomeness in later blogs!)

Prayer always helps me calm those jitters.  So, here is my prayer for this evening...

Abba, Father,

I kneel before you this evening humbled by the opportunity to serve in the world you created.  Walk with me as this new call to ministry unfolds.  Be by my side as I strive to serve the people of Pilgrim and the community surrounding this congregation.  Work in the hearts of these partners in ministry as we learn together what it means to be your followers in our daily lives.  Bring us alongside one another to praise you, to develop relationships that feed our faith and to serve those around us.  

In your ever holy and gracious name I pray.

Amen.

(and if prayer doesn't calm things down, there is a large bottle of wine in the fridge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment