Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

I can barely bring my mind to wrap around the significance of this day.  To truly dwell in these thoughts is painful.  It is a day that I've always had trouble calling "good."  Yet I know the outcome isn't justly described by the word "good."  On this day almost 2000 years ago the Son of God was tortured, mocked, denied and brutally crucified . . . for me.  For each of us.  The thought that He would have experienced all of that if it were only a single person . . . me . . . or you . . . or the next.  It's beyond what I can handle.  The extent of human suffering has been felt by God.  He is not just some supreme being sitting in the clouds idly watching our comings and goings.  Our God is so great and so good that He was willing to humble Himself to become like us, His creation.  Not only that.  Way beyond that.  He was so willing to humble Himself that He allowed Himself to die at the hands of His creation.  Only a God truly great and truly good would allow that.  And that is our God.  Our Creator.  Our Savior.  Our Sustainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment