Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Piece of My Heart . . . Half a World Away

(We wish we could show the whole, pic.  However, we can't until we pass court.)

It's February 26th.  It's been exactly 4 months since we left "M^" in the orphanage in Ethiopia.  We have not seen a new picture or heard any update on how she is.  Nothing . . . at all.  So many questions have been running through my mind lately . . .

How is she doing in school?
                                                                                              Is she learning anything new?

                                         Is she getting enough to eat?
 
                                                                                               Is she cold at night?


                  Does she know we're working hard to bring her home?




                                         It's been 4 months, does she wonder if we're coming back for her?



   Does she know we love her so very much?

                                    Does she know we love her so very much?

                                                                       Does she know we love her so very much?
 
                                                                                                                    Does she know . . .

Ugh, these are the questions that keep me up at night.  These are the questions that suddenly strike me in the moments that I'm even unaware of how much I think about "M^".  A piece of my heart is half a world away.  A piece of my heart is with a young lady that, while we've spent a little time with, we don't really know all that well.  Even though, we know that God is calling us to the task of advocating for her, loving her and being the best parents we can be to her.  It's hard to imagine that we're here in this journey.  It's hard to explain when people ask how many children I have . . . I have 4, no 5 . . . well . . . it's complicated.  I long for the day when all of our girls are home and we can be a family all together.  But for now, a piece of my heart will remain half a world away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment