Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Leaning into Sabbath

Ministry.  When I stop to consider, I really know nothing else.  I have worked in ministry my entire adult life.  While it has been, and continues to be, the most rewarding thing I can dream of.... it is still immensely tiring.  I am positive I am not alone in this.  

So, it is with the deepest thanks to my congregation's leadership that, I (and the other full time staff) have a week of Sabbath.  For me, Sabbath means the swing of the pendulum between rest and work shifts.  For a few days I have been able to rest and abide with my children as they prepare for school and the next season in our household.  As the week continues I am shifting toward fruitfulness, looking for growth while I am gifted the time to focus without distraction.

While in search for a meaningful accompaniment to my Sabbath week, my long time mentor suggested a book... Canoeing the Mountains by Tod Bolsinger.  This is my guide for the remainder of my week.  It looks to be quite the journey ahead.  The beautiful thing is that I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment